Royston charity shop crew has a warm welcome in store for new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Why not join the friendly team of volunteers who are vital to the smooth running of the Age UK charity shop in Church Lane in Royston?
Age UK works towards improving the quality of life for older people and this shop raises much needed funds to support its efforts.
Volunteers are particularly needed on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays although other times are available, especially for holiday cover.
The times you can volunteer are flexible to fit around your lifestyle, so if you have children at school you can arrange your volunteering in around school hours or choose one afternoon or morning a week.
You may also want to watch:
The minimum length of time for volunteering is two hours, purely so that you can really become part of the team and meet new friends and get to know how the systems work.
Training will be given on shop floor activities including operating the till, so no formal skills are required to get involved.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
Why not try a one hour taster session so that you can find out what aspect you would enjoy doing on a regular basis?
Charity shop volunteering is not just about manning the till, it is all the work that goes on behind the scenes to create the attractive shopping environment that is so important.
So whether you would enjoy sorting donations, working on the till, creating window displays or the many other retail activities that the team undertakes, contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk