Royston charity shop crew has a warm welcome in store for new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Why not join the friendly team of volunteers who are vital to the smooth running of the Age UK charity shop in Church Lane in Royston?
Age UK works towards improving the quality of life for older people and this shop raises much needed funds to support its efforts.
Volunteers are particularly needed on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays although other times are available, especially for holiday cover.
The times you can volunteer are flexible to fit around your lifestyle, so if you have children at school you can arrange your volunteering in around school hours or choose one afternoon or morning a week.
The minimum length of time for volunteering is two hours, purely so that you can really become part of the team and meet new friends and get to know how the systems work.
Training will be given on shop floor activities including operating the till, so no formal skills are required to get involved.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Why not try a one hour taster session so that you can find out what aspect you would enjoy doing on a regular basis?
Charity shop volunteering is not just about manning the till, it is all the work that goes on behind the scenes to create the attractive shopping environment that is so important.
So whether you would enjoy sorting donations, working on the till, creating window displays or the many other retail activities that the team undertakes, contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk