Royston charity gets young people networking with business pros
- Credit: Archant
A Royston charity will be holding a networking launch event on Tuesday.
Helping to bridge the gap between work and education, The Onslow Trust will be holding the event at the Plough in Shepreth from 7pm until 9pm.
The charity, founded earlier this year by Royston’s Danielle Pilcher, works to promote positive relationships between young people and established professionals.
She said: “Our purpose is to provide young individuals with opportunities and connections, to expand their knowledge and practise professional values when they are most essential.”
The free launch event will see a range of established professionals from businesses in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire attending to meet and support young local individuals.
The Onslow Trust’s networking event is open to all local people between the ages of 13 to 25.
Danielle added: “Whether you left school at 16 or you’re still in education today, this event is all about building the skills and connections you need to find work in today’s world.”
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
Amy Friggeri, a 21-year-old mother from Royston who is looking for work, spoke about how the charity has helped her.
She said: “Seeing that an employer was actually interested in me gave me a huge confidence boost. It made all my anxiety dissipate instantly because I felt they believed in me. It definitely made me want to work or volunteer, because they made me feel like I’d be perfect for it.”
For more information on The Onslow Trust, or to book your free tickets, visit www.theonslowtrust.co.uk, or email email@example.com.