Royston cat who stayed in Heydon is a lonely shadow no more after being adopted by loving family
- Credit: Archant
A cat who spent a year in a rescue centre after being abandoned by a Royston family has been re-homed.
Black cat Shadow spent time being cared for at animal charity Wood Green in Heydon after being left to fend for herself.
Shadow was under-socialised and nervous around people, so it was hard for her to meet and greet prospective owners.
However, over the past 11 months she has started to relax and come out of her shell, after spending time with the centre’s rehoming experts.
She was rehomed by the Perrak-Brennan family from St Neots, along with two other Wood Green cats, Gary and Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Six-year-old twins Eleanor and Isabel Perrak-Brennan said: “We know she will be really scared at first but we hope that she will like living with us.”
Paul Booth worked with Shadow during her time at Wood Green and waved her, Gary and Mary off when the Perrak-Brennans came to collect them.
- 1 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 2 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 3 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 4 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
He said: “We are so thrilled to see Shadow going home – it was so sad to have her with us for such a long time but we knew she’d get the home she deserved eventually and the Perrak-Brennans will be brilliant owners, we couldn’t ask for more.
“We think she will be really happy living with other feline friends and you couldn’t get two more relaxed and happy cats in Gary and Mary - all-in-all it’s a perfect outcome for lonely Shadow.”