Royston cat who stayed in Heydon is a lonely shadow no more after being adopted by loving family
- Credit: Archant
A cat who spent a year in a rescue centre after being abandoned by a Royston family has been re-homed.
Black cat Shadow spent time being cared for at animal charity Wood Green in Heydon after being left to fend for herself.
Shadow was under-socialised and nervous around people, so it was hard for her to meet and greet prospective owners.
However, over the past 11 months she has started to relax and come out of her shell, after spending time with the centre’s rehoming experts.
She was rehomed by the Perrak-Brennan family from St Neots, along with two other Wood Green cats, Gary and Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Six-year-old twins Eleanor and Isabel Perrak-Brennan said: “We know she will be really scared at first but we hope that she will like living with us.”
Paul Booth worked with Shadow during her time at Wood Green and waved her, Gary and Mary off when the Perrak-Brennans came to collect them.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
He said: “We are so thrilled to see Shadow going home – it was so sad to have her with us for such a long time but we knew she’d get the home she deserved eventually and the Perrak-Brennans will be brilliant owners, we couldn’t ask for more.
“We think she will be really happy living with other feline friends and you couldn’t get two more relaxed and happy cats in Gary and Mary - all-in-all it’s a perfect outcome for lonely Shadow.”