Royston carers invited to learn about new support service
- Credit: Archant
Carers in Royston and surrounding villages will soon have the benefit of a new support service, thanks to lottery funding.
Charity Carers in Hertfordshire is to launch the Carer Support Hub at Royston Town Hall and the group is the last being launched as part of a lottery funded project.
Unpaid carers – someone looking after a relative, friend or neighbour that is elderly, ill or disabled – are invited to an information and support event to find out what help is available for them and how they could get involved in a hub.
At the session, carers will be able to enjoy a gentle, chair based yoga and relaxation session led by a yoga teacher. There will also be a chance to discuss what support they would find useful from a hub.
Caring communities Alex Daar, projects officer at charity Carers in Hertfordshire, explained: “Hubs are run by volunteers for carers with support from Carers in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
“They give carers the chance to meet up and socialise, share views, and find out what help is available locally. Hubs meet regularly and provide carers with an opportunity to keep updated on issues and services affecting them.”
The Royston hub is the sixteenth and final hub being set up through Carers in Hertfordshire’s Caring Communities Project thanks to a Big Lottery Fund grant.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Other hubs include Buntingford, Ware, Stevenage and Hoddesdon.
Carers in Hertfordshire is the leading countywide charity for unpaid family carers looking after others due to illness, frailty, mental health need, disability or substance misuse.
The charity was formed in 1995 by carers to give advice, information and support, and their mission is to “make carers count by giving them a powerful voice in society and choice in their caring role”.
The Royston first hub event will take place on Thursday, November 8, at Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street, from 10.30am to 1.30pm.
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01992 586969.
Also get in touch if you are a carer and cannot make it to the event but are interested in learning more about the support available for you or if you want to get involved in the hub.
Alternatively, visit www.carersinherts.org.uk