Royston care home residents enjoy 1940s fete fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Royston care home went back in time last weekend, when they enjoyed a 1940s-style fete.
The fun day at Mary Barfield House in Rochester Way was held to raise cash towards days out and entertainment for those who are looked after at the care home.
A spokeswoman said: “It went down really well with us raising more than £600 towards days out and entertainment for our residents.
“We have to thank everyone that contributed to our event by donating prizes for the raffle or tombola, cakes for the cake stand and even cash, and most of all taking the time to support our house.
“The residents had a great afternoon with some even joining in to the 40s theme, along with the carers and social team joining in the spirit of the fun.
You may also want to watch:
“It was nice to see the house back to normal after the recent upset of being evacuated due to a flood.”
The flood in May saw all residents removed from the house while repair work was carried out.
For more on Mary Barifeld House, where the care provider is Care By Us, see www.carebyus.com.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images