Royston care home residents enjoy 1940s fete fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Royston care home went back in time last weekend, when they enjoyed a 1940s-style fete.
The fun day at Mary Barfield House in Rochester Way was held to raise cash towards days out and entertainment for those who are looked after at the care home.
A spokeswoman said: “It went down really well with us raising more than £600 towards days out and entertainment for our residents.
“We have to thank everyone that contributed to our event by donating prizes for the raffle or tombola, cakes for the cake stand and even cash, and most of all taking the time to support our house.
“The residents had a great afternoon with some even joining in to the 40s theme, along with the carers and social team joining in the spirit of the fun.
You may also want to watch:
“It was nice to see the house back to normal after the recent upset of being evacuated due to a flood.”
The flood in May saw all residents removed from the house while repair work was carried out.
For more on Mary Barifeld House, where the care provider is Care By Us, see www.carebyus.com.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event