Royston car dealership re-opens after fire last year
- Credit: Archant
A Royston car dealership has re-opened after a fire destroyed the building just over a year ago.
Mantles Kia Showroom and All Makes Repair Workshop in York Way, officially opened on Thursday, January 24, with a launch party attended by 150 people including directors from Kia, customers and staff.
Managing director John Mantle thanked those in attendance for their support in the most difficult year of the company’s 99 years of trading.
He was also re-presented with the Kia Dealer of the Year trophy which was won in 2016, but lost in the December 2017 fire.
The re-opening was followed by a promotional weekend, in which Mantles sold a record number of cars.
You may also want to watch:
The fire, which started accidentally on December 12 last year, saw eight fire engines required to put out the blaze. It is believed to have started in a workshop area at the back of the two-storey building.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'