Royston car dealership re-opens after fire last year
- Credit: Archant
A Royston car dealership has re-opened after a fire destroyed the building just over a year ago.
Mantles Kia Showroom and All Makes Repair Workshop in York Way, officially opened on Thursday, January 24, with a launch party attended by 150 people including directors from Kia, customers and staff.
Managing director John Mantle thanked those in attendance for their support in the most difficult year of the company’s 99 years of trading.
He was also re-presented with the Kia Dealer of the Year trophy which was won in 2016, but lost in the December 2017 fire.
The re-opening was followed by a promotional weekend, in which Mantles sold a record number of cars.
You may also want to watch:
The fire, which started accidentally on December 12 last year, saw eight fire engines required to put out the blaze. It is believed to have started in a workshop area at the back of the two-storey building.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 3 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'