Royston car dealership re-opens after fire last year
- Credit: Archant
A Royston car dealership has re-opened after a fire destroyed the building just over a year ago.
Mantles Kia Showroom and All Makes Repair Workshop in York Way, officially opened on Thursday, January 24, with a launch party attended by 150 people including directors from Kia, customers and staff.
Managing director John Mantle thanked those in attendance for their support in the most difficult year of the company’s 99 years of trading.
He was also re-presented with the Kia Dealer of the Year trophy which was won in 2016, but lost in the December 2017 fire.
The re-opening was followed by a promotional weekend, in which Mantles sold a record number of cars.
The fire, which started accidentally on December 12 last year, saw eight fire engines required to put out the blaze. It is believed to have started in a workshop area at the back of the two-storey building.
- 1 Businessman talks overcoming mental health struggles and drug addiction
- 2 Advice to residents as COVID-19 cases spike in Royston
- 3 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 4 Garden centre introduces quiet grottos for children with autism
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Happy Mondays to open 2022 UK tour with Cambridge Corn Exchange date
- 7 Passenger, Seasick Steve and Suzanne Vega among first acts announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2022
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Royston town mayor praises community spirit in Christmas message