Royston cafe event to help ‘silver surfers’ brush up on IT skills
- Credit: Getty Images
Silver surfers can polish up their IT skills at a special café event next week.
The café, being held by Royston Time Bank, will be aimed at older people – dubbed silver surfers – who want to get online and learn more about computers and the internet.
A spokesman for the Time Bank said: “It is a great opportunity to get some help with basic IT skills including how to set up an email account, use social media sites such as Facebook, or learn how to shop online.
“It will also give people the chance to meet others in the community and find out more about Time Bank.”
Time Bank is a community skills exchange which enables people to share their abilities and knowledge with others in the community whilst earning time credits. They can then use those credits to get help with something they need or learn a new skill.
You may also want to watch:
The café takes place at Coombes Community Centre, Burns Road, Royston, on Wednesday, January 15, starting at 1.30pm.
For more, visit www.mytimebank.org.uk or call 01462 689405.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'