Royston cafe event to help ‘silver surfers’ brush up on IT skills
- Credit: Getty Images
Silver surfers can polish up their IT skills at a special café event next week.
The café, being held by Royston Time Bank, will be aimed at older people – dubbed silver surfers – who want to get online and learn more about computers and the internet.
A spokesman for the Time Bank said: “It is a great opportunity to get some help with basic IT skills including how to set up an email account, use social media sites such as Facebook, or learn how to shop online.
“It will also give people the chance to meet others in the community and find out more about Time Bank.”
Time Bank is a community skills exchange which enables people to share their abilities and knowledge with others in the community whilst earning time credits. They can then use those credits to get help with something they need or learn a new skill.
You may also want to watch:
The café takes place at Coombes Community Centre, Burns Road, Royston, on Wednesday, January 15, starting at 1.30pm.
For more, visit www.mytimebank.org.uk or call 01462 689405.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?