Royston cafe event to help ‘silver surfers’ brush up on IT skills
- Credit: Getty Images
Silver surfers can polish up their IT skills at a special café event next week.
The café, being held by Royston Time Bank, will be aimed at older people – dubbed silver surfers – who want to get online and learn more about computers and the internet.
A spokesman for the Time Bank said: “It is a great opportunity to get some help with basic IT skills including how to set up an email account, use social media sites such as Facebook, or learn how to shop online.
“It will also give people the chance to meet others in the community and find out more about Time Bank.”
Time Bank is a community skills exchange which enables people to share their abilities and knowledge with others in the community whilst earning time credits. They can then use those credits to get help with something they need or learn a new skill.
You may also want to watch:
The café takes place at Coombes Community Centre, Burns Road, Royston, on Wednesday, January 15, starting at 1.30pm.
For more, visit www.mytimebank.org.uk or call 01462 689405.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn