Royston CADS get ready to party with up and coming production
- Credit: Archant
The Royston CADS cast have started rehearsing in earnest for their up and coming production of Abigail’s Party.
Performances of the Mike Leigh play will be held during Royston Arts Festival in September, under the direction of David and Louise Atkins.
The couple are certainly a pair of safe hands in the theatre world – they were both awarded a community service award for their contribution to music and the arts in Royston in March.
Ian Cowley will be producing and Graham Davies is set to take the role of technical director.
David said: “This is all pointing to an exciting and entertaining production of this famous play, by Mike Leigh, which was first staged in the 1970s.
You may also want to watch:
“The cast now face a summer of hard work perfecting their roles, ready for the Arts Festival in September.”
Tickets will be on sale from August 20 via a link from the CADS website, visit www.cadsroyston.org.uk for more.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued