Royston CADS get ready to party with up and coming production
- Credit: Archant
The Royston CADS cast have started rehearsing in earnest for their up and coming production of Abigail’s Party.
Performances of the Mike Leigh play will be held during Royston Arts Festival in September, under the direction of David and Louise Atkins.
The couple are certainly a pair of safe hands in the theatre world – they were both awarded a community service award for their contribution to music and the arts in Royston in March.
Ian Cowley will be producing and Graham Davies is set to take the role of technical director.
David said: “This is all pointing to an exciting and entertaining production of this famous play, by Mike Leigh, which was first staged in the 1970s.
You may also want to watch:
“The cast now face a summer of hard work perfecting their roles, ready for the Arts Festival in September.”
Tickets will be on sale from August 20 via a link from the CADS website, visit www.cadsroyston.org.uk for more.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus