Royston CADS get ready to party with up and coming production
- Credit: Archant
The Royston CADS cast have started rehearsing in earnest for their up and coming production of Abigail’s Party.
Performances of the Mike Leigh play will be held during Royston Arts Festival in September, under the direction of David and Louise Atkins.
The couple are certainly a pair of safe hands in the theatre world – they were both awarded a community service award for their contribution to music and the arts in Royston in March.
Ian Cowley will be producing and Graham Davies is set to take the role of technical director.
David said: “This is all pointing to an exciting and entertaining production of this famous play, by Mike Leigh, which was first staged in the 1970s.
You may also want to watch:
“The cast now face a summer of hard work perfecting their roles, ready for the Arts Festival in September.”
Tickets will be on sale from August 20 via a link from the CADS website, visit www.cadsroyston.org.uk for more.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter