Royston businessman Tony Roach named new chairman of Histon football club
ROYSTON businessman Tony Roach was today named as new chairman of Histon Football Club. Mr Roach succeeds long serving Stutes supremo Gareth Baldwin, who stepped down last week following 17 years at the helm of the club, who play in the Blue Square Premie
ROYSTON businessman Tony Roach was today named as new chairman of Histon Football Club.
Mr Roach succeeds long serving Stutes supremo Gareth Baldwin, who stepped down last week following 17 years at the helm of the club, who play in the Blue Square Premier League.
"Histon Football Club has established a reputation as a friendly family club during Gareth Baldwin's highly successful tenure as Chairman and the Board wish to carry this on, and with the support of the loyal fans we are committed to taking the club forward," said Mr Roach.
"We want the buzz back at the club that we had last year and with some streamlining and forward planning there is no reason we cannot achieve this."
You may also want to watch:
A well known figure in the town, Mr Roach was the founder of waste management firm JK Environmental, which has its headquarters on the Orchard Road industrial estate.
He sold JK in 2007, and now owns The Banyers hotel in Royston, and is also the proprietor of Suffolk-based property firm Omar Park Homes.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services