Bikers saddle up for charity ride to children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Royston & District Motorcycle Club have been on a charity ride to visit children at Milton Children’s Hospice
Despite the frosty weather, 13 bikes and 16 club members - including their very own Santa, Rex - took part.
In total, £510 was donated - £300 from the RDMCC Show and an additional £210 from club members, along with some teddy bears that Premier Travel in Royston kindly gave.
Chairman Peter Jennings said: "We received a warm welcome from Bronte Graver and we were fortunate and indeed, privileged, to meet three young children who are currently at the hospice and their families.
"It became very clear that the families are provided very good support from the hospice at what must be very difficult times for them all."
You may also want to watch:
Royston & District Motorcycle club hold an annual event in Meldreth each June, where bikers and enthusiasts alike from all over Cambridgeshire and the surrounding counties meet for a natter, admire the bikes and donate to local good causes.
This year rain kept many of the regular visitors away so donations were limited but enough money was raised to support EACH, East Anglia Air Ambulance, Suffolk & Cambs SERV Blood Runners, Herts & Beds Blood Runners, Air Cadets, Army Cadets and Royston Girl Guides.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
See roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information.