Bikers saddle up for charity ride to children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Royston & District Motorcycle Club have been on a charity ride to visit children at Milton Children’s Hospice
Despite the frosty weather, 13 bikes and 16 club members - including their very own Santa, Rex - took part.
In total, £510 was donated - £300 from the RDMCC Show and an additional £210 from club members, along with some teddy bears that Premier Travel in Royston kindly gave.
Chairman Peter Jennings said: "We received a warm welcome from Bronte Graver and we were fortunate and indeed, privileged, to meet three young children who are currently at the hospice and their families.
"It became very clear that the families are provided very good support from the hospice at what must be very difficult times for them all."
You may also want to watch:
Royston & District Motorcycle club hold an annual event in Meldreth each June, where bikers and enthusiasts alike from all over Cambridgeshire and the surrounding counties meet for a natter, admire the bikes and donate to local good causes.
This year rain kept many of the regular visitors away so donations were limited but enough money was raised to support EACH, East Anglia Air Ambulance, Suffolk & Cambs SERV Blood Runners, Herts & Beds Blood Runners, Air Cadets, Army Cadets and Royston Girl Guides.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
See roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information.