Royston big top bursting with excitement as circus celebrates 40 years on the road
- Credit: Archant
A big top was bursting with excitement in Royston at the weekend as a circus celebrated its 40th year on the road.
The crowds were entertained with a jam-packed programme at Therfield Heath on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which included trapeze acts, high wire performers and clowns.
Jonn Lawson’s Circus was founded in 1974 with John and his wife, Vonni, touring the country and appearing at galas and festivals.
Since John’s death in 1985, the troupe have been under the management of Vonni, his son Niven, and daughter Beth, who were all at the Royston displays, under the guidance of Beth’s husband, ringmaster Attila Endresz.
Clive Porter, who attended the event on Saturday, said: “Natalia Tsytko’s bubble act was fabulous and Nimmo the clown had the audience in stitches. Also celebrating a birthday, was three-year-old Missy Wellington from Buntingford, who was treated to an exciting visit to the circus ring.”
You may also want to watch:
The show was performed five times over the weekend.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people