Royston big top bursting with excitement as circus celebrates 40 years on the road
- Credit: Archant
A big top was bursting with excitement in Royston at the weekend as a circus celebrated its 40th year on the road.
The crowds were entertained with a jam-packed programme at Therfield Heath on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which included trapeze acts, high wire performers and clowns.
Jonn Lawson’s Circus was founded in 1974 with John and his wife, Vonni, touring the country and appearing at galas and festivals.
Since John’s death in 1985, the troupe have been under the management of Vonni, his son Niven, and daughter Beth, who were all at the Royston displays, under the guidance of Beth’s husband, ringmaster Attila Endresz.
Clive Porter, who attended the event on Saturday, said: “Natalia Tsytko’s bubble act was fabulous and Nimmo the clown had the audience in stitches. Also celebrating a birthday, was three-year-old Missy Wellington from Buntingford, who was treated to an exciting visit to the circus ring.”
You may also want to watch:
The show was performed five times over the weekend.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended