Royston Arts Festival takes shape
THE programme for this year s Royston Arts Festival is already taking shape. The popular arts-based event, which showcases the talents of Royston s artists, dancers, thespians, authors and musicians, takes place between Thursday September 24 and Sunday Se
THE programme for this year's Royston Arts Festival is already taking shape.
The popular arts-based event, which showcases the talents of Royston's artists, dancers, thespians, authors and musicians, takes place between Thursday September 24 and Sunday September 27.
Highlights of the 2009 Arts Festival include a performance of the local Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society's latest play, day-long dance workshops, and the Royston's Got Talent Gala Cabaret evening, which will open this year's Festival.
Local professional singer Debbie Denton recently led a panel of judges, including Crow sales executive Lavinia Edwards, for Royston's Got Talent, and was delighted with the turnout for the auditions. The show will take place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Football Club and looks set to be a sparkling affair.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie said: "I was overwhelmed with the quality of the acts we saw and the
amazing enthusiasm they all showed when they performed.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
"I am confident that with the talent we have found, the show will be fantastic."
However, there is still room for other acts, especially non-musical ones, so if you would like to be considered, whatever your talent, please contact Debbie Denton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up to date with the 2009 Arts Festival programme as it develops at www.roystonartsfest.org.