Royston Arts Festival takes shape
THE programme for this year s Royston Arts Festival is already taking shape. The popular arts-based event, which showcases the talents of Royston s artists, dancers, thespians, authors and musicians, takes place between Thursday September 24 and Sunday Se
THE programme for this year's Royston Arts Festival is already taking shape.
The popular arts-based event, which showcases the talents of Royston's artists, dancers, thespians, authors and musicians, takes place between Thursday September 24 and Sunday September 27.
Highlights of the 2009 Arts Festival include a performance of the local Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society's latest play, day-long dance workshops, and the Royston's Got Talent Gala Cabaret evening, which will open this year's Festival.
Local professional singer Debbie Denton recently led a panel of judges, including Crow sales executive Lavinia Edwards, for Royston's Got Talent, and was delighted with the turnout for the auditions. The show will take place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Football Club and looks set to be a sparkling affair.
Debbie said: "I was overwhelmed with the quality of the acts we saw and the
amazing enthusiasm they all showed when they performed.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
"I am confident that with the talent we have found, the show will be fantastic."
However, there is still room for other acts, especially non-musical ones, so if you would like to be considered, whatever your talent, please contact Debbie Denton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up to date with the 2009 Arts Festival programme as it develops at www.roystonartsfest.org.