Royston Arts Festival line-up announced – and it’s set to be an absolute corker
- Credit: Archant
Advance details of the acts scheduled for slots at this year’s Royston Arts Festival have been published, and the list features a promising line up of music, theatre, exhibitions and family fun.
Highlights include a Priory Memorial Gardens concert from Royston Town Band on Saturday, September 19, with music playing as the sun goes down.
A spokesman for the band said: “We’re really looking forward to the twilight concert. It’s always good to play on the bandstand and we think this concert will have a really good feel. We’d like people to come along with their own lanterns and bring a picnic, as well as some flags to wave for a proms style finish.”
The following Saturday, September 26, students from Georgina Wootten’s School of Dance and Performing Arts will perform an exciting display of ballet, modern, street, commercial, contemporary and musical theatre.
Amateur theatre group CADS are set to present a weekend run of entertainment in two halves from Thursday, September 24, until Saturday, September 26 with sketches, comedy and drama to tickle audiences before the interval and Peter Shaffer’s dark farce Black Comedy to round off the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The week long festival will run from September 18 until 27.
To find out more, visit www.creativeroyston.org.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more