Royston Arts Festival gets cash boost from Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Royston Arts Festival organisers Creative Royston has received a £1,000 grant from Tesco’s Bags of Help scheme, as voted for by the community.
The money will go towards this year’s festival, which will take place during the last weekend of September.
Chairperson of Creative Royston Kirsten Grimmer said: “Our aim is to open up access to the arts to the local community. This funding will enable us to bring new and exciting events to Royston Arts Festival 2018.”
This year’s theme for the event is ‘voyages of discovery’, and the festival will feature a range of activities and performances, from workshops and dancing to music and art.
Entries are also open for the festival’s schools art competition, where pupils are challenged to create ‘inspiring and creative images’ that capture this year’s theme.
You may also want to watch:
One winner will be chosen from each participating school to create a unique cover image for the festival.
For more go to www.creativeroyston.org.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town