Royston Arts Festival committee appeal for old programmes
ORGANISERS of the Royston Arts Festival are asking residents to rummage through their memorabilia to help complete an archive.
The festival committee is seeking programmes from the early days of the event.
Graham Palmer, chairman of the festival committee, said: “We’ve only got printed programmes from six years in the 1980s and 1990s. It would be great if we could put a full set on our website.”
If you have a Royston Arts Festival programme from before 2007, the committee would like to borrow it for scanning. All programmes will be returned afterwards.
Programmes can either be posted to the town hall, for Mr Palmer’s attention, or brought along to the organisation’s annual celebration, which is being held at 7.30pm on Thursday January 24 at Royston Town Hall.
People attending the meeting will be able to sample the talents of some of the festival’s contributors from 2012 and find out more about plans for this year’s event.
There will also be a short annual meeting at which a new committee will be elected.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
Organisers request people planning on attending register on the website at www.roystonfestival.org