Royston Arts Festival committee appeal for old programmes
ORGANISERS of the Royston Arts Festival are asking residents to rummage through their memorabilia to help complete an archive.
The festival committee is seeking programmes from the early days of the event.
Graham Palmer, chairman of the festival committee, said: “We’ve only got printed programmes from six years in the 1980s and 1990s. It would be great if we could put a full set on our website.”
If you have a Royston Arts Festival programme from before 2007, the committee would like to borrow it for scanning. All programmes will be returned afterwards.
Programmes can either be posted to the town hall, for Mr Palmer’s attention, or brought along to the organisation’s annual celebration, which is being held at 7.30pm on Thursday January 24 at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
People attending the meeting will be able to sample the talents of some of the festival’s contributors from 2012 and find out more about plans for this year’s event.
There will also be a short annual meeting at which a new committee will be elected.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Organisers request people planning on attending register on the website at www.roystonfestival.org