Royston Arts Festival committee appeal for old programmes
ORGANISERS of the Royston Arts Festival are asking residents to rummage through their memorabilia to help complete an archive.
The festival committee is seeking programmes from the early days of the event.
Graham Palmer, chairman of the festival committee, said: “We’ve only got printed programmes from six years in the 1980s and 1990s. It would be great if we could put a full set on our website.”
If you have a Royston Arts Festival programme from before 2007, the committee would like to borrow it for scanning. All programmes will be returned afterwards.
Programmes can either be posted to the town hall, for Mr Palmer’s attention, or brought along to the organisation’s annual celebration, which is being held at 7.30pm on Thursday January 24 at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
People attending the meeting will be able to sample the talents of some of the festival’s contributors from 2012 and find out more about plans for this year’s event.
There will also be a short annual meeting at which a new committee will be elected.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Organisers request people planning on attending register on the website at www.roystonfestival.org