Royston Arts Festival committee appeal for old programmes
ORGANISERS of the Royston Arts Festival are asking residents to rummage through their memorabilia to help complete an archive.
The festival committee is seeking programmes from the early days of the event.
Graham Palmer, chairman of the festival committee, said: “We’ve only got printed programmes from six years in the 1980s and 1990s. It would be great if we could put a full set on our website.”
If you have a Royston Arts Festival programme from before 2007, the committee would like to borrow it for scanning. All programmes will be returned afterwards.
Programmes can either be posted to the town hall, for Mr Palmer’s attention, or brought along to the organisation’s annual celebration, which is being held at 7.30pm on Thursday January 24 at Royston Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
People attending the meeting will be able to sample the talents of some of the festival’s contributors from 2012 and find out more about plans for this year’s event.
There will also be a short annual meeting at which a new committee will be elected.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
Organisers request people planning on attending register on the website at www.roystonfestival.org