Royston apprentice scoops award
- Credit: Archant
An outstanding apprentice has been rewarded for her commitment to her placement with a top award.
Danielle Calvert, 18, from Royston, scooped the Regional Learndirect Intermediate Apprentice of the Year award at the Central Eastern finals of the 2014 National Apprenticeship awards.
She works at MBDA missile systems in Stevenage, where she is completing an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering.
“I’m proud to be an apprentice and I’m working hard to achieve a Higher National Diploma by the time I’m 21,” she said. “My Apprenticeship has also helped me to grow in confidence and has provided me with opportunities I never would have imagined, from networking with MPs to delivering speeches to rooms full of people.”
Miss Calvert received her award at a ceremony held at the Cambridge Belfry Hotel on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will now go on to compete for a prize in the national finals later this year.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal