Royston apprentice scoops award
- Credit: Archant
An outstanding apprentice has been rewarded for her commitment to her placement with a top award.
Danielle Calvert, 18, from Royston, scooped the Regional Learndirect Intermediate Apprentice of the Year award at the Central Eastern finals of the 2014 National Apprenticeship awards.
She works at MBDA missile systems in Stevenage, where she is completing an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering.
“I’m proud to be an apprentice and I’m working hard to achieve a Higher National Diploma by the time I’m 21,” she said. “My Apprenticeship has also helped me to grow in confidence and has provided me with opportunities I never would have imagined, from networking with MPs to delivering speeches to rooms full of people.”
Miss Calvert received her award at a ceremony held at the Cambridge Belfry Hotel on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will now go on to compete for a prize in the national finals later this year.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid