Royston animal sanctuary gets show’s funds
- Credit: Archant
A charity dog show and fun day is being held today to raise money for a Royston animal sanctuary.
The Heathlands Summer Spectacular and Dog Show is set to take place on the car boot sale site at Graveley Fruit Farm from 11am to 4pm.
Classes will include best rescue, best in show, obedience, best trick and fancy dress, and there will also be doggy games to get involved with.
Other attractions will include a bouncy castle, mega slide, craft and retail stalls, refreshments and a barbecue.
The event is being organised by Heathlands Animal Sanctuary – a Royston charity dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of unwanted pets.
You may also want to watch:
There will be the opportunity to meet some of the dogs looking for new homes, and find out about adoption and other ways to help.
For more information about the event search for ‘Heathlands Summer Spectacular’ on Facebook or visit the charity’s website at heathlands.org.uk. You can vote for the animal sanctuary as your Sainsburys local charity of the year at www.sainsburyslocalcharity.co.uk – select a Letchworth store.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life