All smiles as youngsters mark World Book Day 2020 in Royston and villages
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Royston and the surrounding villages dressed to impress on World Book Day.
The schools in our area that took part in the event yesterday included Roman Way Academy in Royston, Ashwell Primary School and Reed First School.
Arabella Stokes, from Roman Way, became Alice in Wonderland - a story she absolutely loves, which her mum Jemma and dad Adam read to her all the time.
The four-year-old said: "I'm sad to be going to school in uniform tomorrow, and wish it was world book day every day!"
Reed First School's headteacher Vicky Wittich said they had "fabulous book character costumes at their World Book Day celebrations".
You may also want to watch:
Other brilliant costumes included Captain Underpants, Peppa Pig and Mr Bump.
The annual event, which began in 1995, celebrates reading and is marked in more than 100 countries across the globe.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'