All smiles as youngsters mark World Book Day 2020 in Royston and villages
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Royston and the surrounding villages dressed to impress on World Book Day.
The schools in our area that took part in the event yesterday included Roman Way Academy in Royston, Ashwell Primary School and Reed First School.
Arabella Stokes, from Roman Way, became Alice in Wonderland - a story she absolutely loves, which her mum Jemma and dad Adam read to her all the time.
The four-year-old said: "I'm sad to be going to school in uniform tomorrow, and wish it was world book day every day!"
Reed First School's headteacher Vicky Wittich said they had "fabulous book character costumes at their World Book Day celebrations".
You may also want to watch:
Other brilliant costumes included Captain Underpants, Peppa Pig and Mr Bump.
The annual event, which began in 1995, celebrates reading and is marked in more than 100 countries across the globe.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'