Royston and South Cambs Home-Start say big thanks to Ben for support during year as mayor
- Credit: Archant
The crew at Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire would like to say a warm thanks to former Royston mayor Ben Lewis, who presented them with a cheque for almost £1,000 after making them his chosen charity last year.
A number of different events took place to make the final total of £964.38, including a snowflake tea party and charity golf day.
Ben said: “It was a special and unique opportunity to be able to help raise money for HSRSC.
“I am immensely proud to have been involved with them and I hope to continue in the future.”
Fundraising events have become increasingly vital for Home-Start, ever since Herts County Council announced they would no longer fund the family support charity last year.
You may also want to watch:
Office manager Tracy Aggett said: “Home-Start are absolutely delighted for the support that we received from being the mayor’s charity.
“It was great to take part in fundraising events together, in our local community, that are so tremendously supportive of HSRSC – a big thank you to everyone involved.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
“Although the funding climate has changed considerably for us over the last 12 months our commitment to provide this valuable service remains strong, as does the need.
“In fact our referrals have increased, and so we are recruiting for new volunteers in September and October.”
If you would like to find out more about the new volunteers course, or any other information about Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire, contact the team on 01763 262262 or email email@example.com.