Royston and South Cambs Home-Start say big thanks to Ben for support during year as mayor
- Credit: Archant
The crew at Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire would like to say a warm thanks to former Royston mayor Ben Lewis, who presented them with a cheque for almost £1,000 after making them his chosen charity last year.
A number of different events took place to make the final total of £964.38, including a snowflake tea party and charity golf day.
Ben said: “It was a special and unique opportunity to be able to help raise money for HSRSC.
“I am immensely proud to have been involved with them and I hope to continue in the future.”
Fundraising events have become increasingly vital for Home-Start, ever since Herts County Council announced they would no longer fund the family support charity last year.
Office manager Tracy Aggett said: “Home-Start are absolutely delighted for the support that we received from being the mayor’s charity.
“It was great to take part in fundraising events together, in our local community, that are so tremendously supportive of HSRSC – a big thank you to everyone involved.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
“Although the funding climate has changed considerably for us over the last 12 months our commitment to provide this valuable service remains strong, as does the need.
“In fact our referrals have increased, and so we are recruiting for new volunteers in September and October.”
If you would like to find out more about the new volunteers course, or any other information about Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire, contact the team on 01763 262262 or email email@example.com.