Royston and South Cambs Home-Start say big thanks to Ben for support during year as mayor
- Credit: Archant
The crew at Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire would like to say a warm thanks to former Royston mayor Ben Lewis, who presented them with a cheque for almost £1,000 after making them his chosen charity last year.
A number of different events took place to make the final total of £964.38, including a snowflake tea party and charity golf day.
Ben said: “It was a special and unique opportunity to be able to help raise money for HSRSC.
“I am immensely proud to have been involved with them and I hope to continue in the future.”
Fundraising events have become increasingly vital for Home-Start, ever since Herts County Council announced they would no longer fund the family support charity last year.
Office manager Tracy Aggett said: “Home-Start are absolutely delighted for the support that we received from being the mayor’s charity.
“It was great to take part in fundraising events together, in our local community, that are so tremendously supportive of HSRSC – a big thank you to everyone involved.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
“Although the funding climate has changed considerably for us over the last 12 months our commitment to provide this valuable service remains strong, as does the need.
“In fact our referrals have increased, and so we are recruiting for new volunteers in September and October.”
If you would like to find out more about the new volunteers course, or any other information about Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire, contact the team on 01763 262262 or email email@example.com.