Cash brewed up for Macmillan cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
Lots of cash has been brewed up for Macmillan Cancer Support at the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event.
In Royston, Tesco Extra held a Macmillan cake bake at their front of the store.
Community champion Mandy Jinkerson said: “We raised £258 for the charity and our customers enjoyed a selecton of homemade cakes.
“We would like to thank all our staff for contributing to the sale and our customers for helping us to raise money for this fantastic cause.
Family-run tearoom Teacake at Shepreth raised £614.88 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Teacake’s Jodie Allard said: “Alongside the usual tea and cakes we had a raffle, games and a Great British Bake Off competition that former finalist Ian Cumming came to judge for us.
“Last year we raised, £804 and as a small, family run business we are delighted to have raised so much money alongside friends and the local community.”
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved