Cash brewed up for Macmillan cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
Lots of cash has been brewed up for Macmillan Cancer Support at the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event.
In Royston, Tesco Extra held a Macmillan cake bake at their front of the store.
Community champion Mandy Jinkerson said: “We raised £258 for the charity and our customers enjoyed a selecton of homemade cakes.
“We would like to thank all our staff for contributing to the sale and our customers for helping us to raise money for this fantastic cause.
Family-run tearoom Teacake at Shepreth raised £614.88 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Teacake’s Jodie Allard said: “Alongside the usual tea and cakes we had a raffle, games and a Great British Bake Off competition that former finalist Ian Cumming came to judge for us.
“Last year we raised, £804 and as a small, family run business we are delighted to have raised so much money alongside friends and the local community.”
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity