Cash brewed up for Macmillan cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
Lots of cash has been brewed up for Macmillan Cancer Support at the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event.
In Royston, Tesco Extra held a Macmillan cake bake at their front of the store.
Community champion Mandy Jinkerson said: “We raised £258 for the charity and our customers enjoyed a selecton of homemade cakes.
“We would like to thank all our staff for contributing to the sale and our customers for helping us to raise money for this fantastic cause.
Family-run tearoom Teacake at Shepreth raised £614.88 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Teacake’s Jodie Allard said: “Alongside the usual tea and cakes we had a raffle, games and a Great British Bake Off competition that former finalist Ian Cumming came to judge for us.
“Last year we raised, £804 and as a small, family run business we are delighted to have raised so much money alongside friends and the local community.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready