Royston and District Twinning Association has fun-packed few weeks in store
- Credit: Archant
Royston and District Twinning Association has a fun-packed few weeks in store.
The group are restarting their boules sessions at The Green Man pub in Royston on Tuesday evening at 8pm, and are keen for new members who would like to have a crack at petanque.
No permanent weekly commitment is needed for the weekly sessions and there are plenty of spare boules to go around.
Following this, the association is organising a beetle drive at 7pm on Friday, April 17, in the Market Hill Rooms.
Tickets cost £5, cheese and biscuits are provided, but people are welcome to bring their own drinks.
You may also want to watch:
The last event in the busy period is the visit from the group’s French twin town, La Loupe, who arrive in the evening of Friday, May 1 and leave in the morning of Monday May 4.
If anyone is interesting in joining the boules club or fancies being a host for the La Loupe visitors, please contact Keith Ginsberg on 01763 231650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn