Royston and District Twinning Association has fun-packed few weeks in store
- Credit: Archant
Royston and District Twinning Association has a fun-packed few weeks in store.
The group are restarting their boules sessions at The Green Man pub in Royston on Tuesday evening at 8pm, and are keen for new members who would like to have a crack at petanque.
No permanent weekly commitment is needed for the weekly sessions and there are plenty of spare boules to go around.
Following this, the association is organising a beetle drive at 7pm on Friday, April 17, in the Market Hill Rooms.
Tickets cost £5, cheese and biscuits are provided, but people are welcome to bring their own drinks.
You may also want to watch:
The last event in the busy period is the visit from the group’s French twin town, La Loupe, who arrive in the evening of Friday, May 1 and leave in the morning of Monday May 4.
If anyone is interesting in joining the boules club or fancies being a host for the La Loupe visitors, please contact Keith Ginsberg on 01763 231650 or email@example.com.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator