Royston and District Twinning Association has fun-packed few weeks in store
- Credit: Archant
Royston and District Twinning Association has a fun-packed few weeks in store.
The group are restarting their boules sessions at The Green Man pub in Royston on Tuesday evening at 8pm, and are keen for new members who would like to have a crack at petanque.
No permanent weekly commitment is needed for the weekly sessions and there are plenty of spare boules to go around.
Following this, the association is organising a beetle drive at 7pm on Friday, April 17, in the Market Hill Rooms.
Tickets cost £5, cheese and biscuits are provided, but people are welcome to bring their own drinks.
You may also want to watch:
The last event in the busy period is the visit from the group’s French twin town, La Loupe, who arrive in the evening of Friday, May 1 and leave in the morning of Monday May 4.
If anyone is interesting in joining the boules club or fancies being a host for the La Loupe visitors, please contact Keith Ginsberg on 01763 231650 or email@example.com.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'