Royston among hosts for Sport Relief 2014 events
- Credit: Archant
Runners will be dashing across Crow country on Sunday in aid of Sport Relief.
The annual charity fundraiser will see events taking place up and down the country.
In Royston, a Sport Relief Mile is being held on Sunday, March 23, starting at 11am at Therfield Heath.
More adventurous participants can also try their hand at three and six-mile courses, and those who want to walk or jog the course are also welcome.
Great Chishill will also be hosting its popular Sport Relief Mile at the village playing fields. The start time is midday, and again, one, three and six-mile runs will be available.
Sarah Scott has been organising the Great Chishill event since it began in 2006.
She said: “Since Sports Relief began in 2006, The Great Chishill Sports Relief events have raised over £7,000 for good causes in the UK and abroad.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
“In the past, teams from the Women’s Institute, the church, the police and the village youth group have taken part, as well as a local MP, local radio personalities and family teams in fancy dress all of which enjoyed an event which is good fun as well a fundraiser.”
A musical warm up will take place beforehand at Great Chishill playing fields to get participants’ muscles ready.
Mrs Scott added: “Refreshments will be provided by the Women’s Institute, so once you have finished the event, you have a reason to eat lovely homemade cake guilt free!”
To enter either of the races, log on to www.sportrelief.com