Royston among hosts for Sport Relief 2014 events
- Credit: Archant
Runners will be dashing across Crow country on Sunday in aid of Sport Relief.
The annual charity fundraiser will see events taking place up and down the country.
In Royston, a Sport Relief Mile is being held on Sunday, March 23, starting at 11am at Therfield Heath.
More adventurous participants can also try their hand at three and six-mile courses, and those who want to walk or jog the course are also welcome.
Great Chishill will also be hosting its popular Sport Relief Mile at the village playing fields. The start time is midday, and again, one, three and six-mile runs will be available.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Scott has been organising the Great Chishill event since it began in 2006.
She said: “Since Sports Relief began in 2006, The Great Chishill Sports Relief events have raised over £7,000 for good causes in the UK and abroad.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks
“In the past, teams from the Women’s Institute, the church, the police and the village youth group have taken part, as well as a local MP, local radio personalities and family teams in fancy dress all of which enjoyed an event which is good fun as well a fundraiser.”
A musical warm up will take place beforehand at Great Chishill playing fields to get participants’ muscles ready.
Mrs Scott added: “Refreshments will be provided by the Women’s Institute, so once you have finished the event, you have a reason to eat lovely homemade cake guilt free!”
To enter either of the races, log on to www.sportrelief.com