Royston among hosts for Sport Relief 2014 events
- Credit: Archant
Runners will be dashing across Crow country on Sunday in aid of Sport Relief.
The annual charity fundraiser will see events taking place up and down the country.
In Royston, a Sport Relief Mile is being held on Sunday, March 23, starting at 11am at Therfield Heath.
More adventurous participants can also try their hand at three and six-mile courses, and those who want to walk or jog the course are also welcome.
Great Chishill will also be hosting its popular Sport Relief Mile at the village playing fields. The start time is midday, and again, one, three and six-mile runs will be available.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Scott has been organising the Great Chishill event since it began in 2006.
She said: “Since Sports Relief began in 2006, The Great Chishill Sports Relief events have raised over £7,000 for good causes in the UK and abroad.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
“In the past, teams from the Women’s Institute, the church, the police and the village youth group have taken part, as well as a local MP, local radio personalities and family teams in fancy dress all of which enjoyed an event which is good fun as well a fundraiser.”
A musical warm up will take place beforehand at Great Chishill playing fields to get participants’ muscles ready.
Mrs Scott added: “Refreshments will be provided by the Women’s Institute, so once you have finished the event, you have a reason to eat lovely homemade cake guilt free!”
To enter either of the races, log on to www.sportrelief.com