Delays after crash on A505 near Royston
- Credit: Archant
There has been a crash on the A505 near the Royston McDonald’s roundabout.
The crash happened on the eastbound stretch at about 9.30am – and there were significant delays as a result.
At about 10.15am, Herts Highways tweeted: “#Royston, A505 Baldock Rd, delays of 15 mins heading eastbound due to RTC. Emergency services on scene. No ETA as yet Please seek alternative routes.”
A poiice spokesman said: “Police were called at just before 9.30am today to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A505 eastboundnear Royston.
“A grey Vauxhall Vivaro van and a white Iveco Daily security van were in collision.”
You may also want to watch:
“Officers, the fire service and East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene.
“Both drivers were taken to hospital by ambulance to be assessed for what are believed to be minor injuries.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Road closures are in place while the incident is being dealt with – but the force spokesman told the Crow these are due to be lifted shortly.