Delays after crash on A505 near Royston
- Credit: Archant
There has been a crash on the A505 near the Royston McDonald’s roundabout.
The crash happened on the eastbound stretch at about 9.30am – and there were significant delays as a result.
At about 10.15am, Herts Highways tweeted: “#Royston, A505 Baldock Rd, delays of 15 mins heading eastbound due to RTC. Emergency services on scene. No ETA as yet Please seek alternative routes.”
A poiice spokesman said: “Police were called at just before 9.30am today to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A505 eastboundnear Royston.
“A grey Vauxhall Vivaro van and a white Iveco Daily security van were in collision.”
You may also want to watch:
“Officers, the fire service and East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene.
“Both drivers were taken to hospital by ambulance to be assessed for what are believed to be minor injuries.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
Road closures are in place while the incident is being dealt with – but the force spokesman told the Crow these are due to be lifted shortly.