Delays after crash on A505 near Royston
- Credit: Archant
There has been a crash on the A505 near the Royston McDonald’s roundabout.
The crash happened on the eastbound stretch at about 9.30am – and there were significant delays as a result.
At about 10.15am, Herts Highways tweeted: “#Royston, A505 Baldock Rd, delays of 15 mins heading eastbound due to RTC. Emergency services on scene. No ETA as yet Please seek alternative routes.”
A poiice spokesman said: “Police were called at just before 9.30am today to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A505 eastboundnear Royston.
“A grey Vauxhall Vivaro van and a white Iveco Daily security van were in collision.”
“Officers, the fire service and East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene.
“Both drivers were taken to hospital by ambulance to be assessed for what are believed to be minor injuries.”
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 8 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
Road closures are in place while the incident is being dealt with – but the force spokesman told the Crow these are due to be lifted shortly.