Financial loss for driver after lorry curtain slashed in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has suffered “considerable financial loss” after the vehicle’s curtain was slashed in Royston.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the criminal damage incident.
Between 5.30pm yesterday and 6am today, the lorry curtain was slashed while it was parked in a layby on the A505, between the Melbourn Street roundabout and the Tesco roundabout on Old North Road.
PC Taranvir Gill said: “Although nothing was taken, considerable damage was caused to the curtain, causing financial loss to the victim.
“I am appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area to please come forward. I’d particularly like to hear from anyone who may have captured any dash cam footage. If you were driving in the area, please do review your footage and contact me if you have captured anything of relevance.”
Anyone with information should email email@example.com.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party