Financial loss for driver after lorry curtain slashed in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has suffered “considerable financial loss” after the vehicle’s curtain was slashed in Royston.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the criminal damage incident.
Between 5.30pm yesterday and 6am today, the lorry curtain was slashed while it was parked in a layby on the A505, between the Melbourn Street roundabout and the Tesco roundabout on Old North Road.
PC Taranvir Gill said: “Although nothing was taken, considerable damage was caused to the curtain, causing financial loss to the victim.
“I am appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area to please come forward. I’d particularly like to hear from anyone who may have captured any dash cam footage. If you were driving in the area, please do review your footage and contact me if you have captured anything of relevance.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme