Royston A10 crash: Two in hospital, one after being freed from car in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a serious crash on the A10 between Royston and Reed that has left the road closed.
The fire and rescue service said the crash had happened at 8.45am, with a man trapped inside one of the two cars in a ditch. The other car was smoking heavily.
Fire crews from Royston, Baldock & Letchworth and Bishop’s Stortford fire stations rushed to the scene and removed the man from the car.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “An ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle, our Hazardous Area Response Team and the medical response car from East Anglian Air Ambulance were despatched to help.
“Two patients were treated at the scene – one for abdominal pain, and one for serious injuries to their hip and shoulder.”
You may also want to watch:
Both people have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show