Royston A10 crash: Two in hospital, one after being freed from car in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a serious crash on the A10 between Royston and Reed that has left the road closed.
The fire and rescue service said the crash had happened at 8.45am, with a man trapped inside one of the two cars in a ditch. The other car was smoking heavily.
Fire crews from Royston, Baldock & Letchworth and Bishop’s Stortford fire stations rushed to the scene and removed the man from the car.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “An ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle, our Hazardous Area Response Team and the medical response car from East Anglian Air Ambulance were despatched to help.
“Two patients were treated at the scene – one for abdominal pain, and one for serious injuries to their hip and shoulder.”
You may also want to watch:
Both people have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity