Royston A10 crash: Two in hospital, one after being freed from car in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a serious crash on the A10 between Royston and Reed that has left the road closed.
The fire and rescue service said the crash had happened at 8.45am, with a man trapped inside one of the two cars in a ditch. The other car was smoking heavily.
Fire crews from Royston, Baldock & Letchworth and Bishop’s Stortford fire stations rushed to the scene and removed the man from the car.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “An ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle, our Hazardous Area Response Team and the medical response car from East Anglian Air Ambulance were despatched to help.
“Two patients were treated at the scene – one for abdominal pain, and one for serious injuries to their hip and shoulder.”
You may also want to watch:
Both people have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone