Royston couple ‘disgusted’ at changes to 331 bus service
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have said they are “disgusted” by the cuts to the 331 service, which no longer serves Royston.
The changes – which came into effect on July 1 – mean the 331 no longer serves Shaftesbury Way, where retired couple Samuel and Marina Spruce got the bus on weekly trips into Royston town centre.
Mrs Spruce said: “We are upset that we haven’t been given any information, we want to know if we’re going to be able to get to town by bus.”
Craig Taylor, of Arriva Southern Counties, said: “This was a Herts County Council-led change. We always aim to keep our customers as up to date as possible with any route changes or amends that may affect their travel arrangements. With this in mind, we included a service update on our website explaining how the service will run only between Hertford and Buntingford from July 1.”
A HCC spokeswoman said: “Improvements to the 331 bus service which came into effect on July mean that buses will now run every hour between Buntingford and Hertford during the week and on Saturdays. Journeys are also timed to provide connections with trains to and from London at Ware.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to increased frequency of these buses, the section north of Buntingford has become a separate service, number 18. The 18 will also serve new development in Royston at Sassoon Drive.
“Buses are timed to connect at Buntingford and through fares are available.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire