Roysia parties in the park
- Credit: Archant
A ROYSTON school served up it’s own mini version of Glastonbury to mark the end of term.
Over 250 guests attended Roysia Middle School’s Party in the Park summer concert, which took place last Friday in the grounds of the school, in Burns Road, Royston.
Pupils treated an audience of parents, staff, and friends to a variety of music including The Beatles, Abba, Classical and contemporary numbers.
Elaine Stamford, school manager at Roysia, said: “The Leader of Music, Mrs Mitchell certainly served up a treat for us all.
“The children sang, played and danced, and there was a wonderful mix of talent to which they audience responded enthusiastically.
You may also want to watch:
“There were tears of pride and a standing ovation at the end.”
The school also unveiled a memorial bench last week to mark the life of former head teacher Peter Fielden, who died unexpectedly earlier this year.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 The bells are back in town!
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations