Roysia parties in the park
- Credit: Archant
A ROYSTON school served up it’s own mini version of Glastonbury to mark the end of term.
Over 250 guests attended Roysia Middle School’s Party in the Park summer concert, which took place last Friday in the grounds of the school, in Burns Road, Royston.
Pupils treated an audience of parents, staff, and friends to a variety of music including The Beatles, Abba, Classical and contemporary numbers.
Elaine Stamford, school manager at Roysia, said: “The Leader of Music, Mrs Mitchell certainly served up a treat for us all.
“The children sang, played and danced, and there was a wonderful mix of talent to which they audience responded enthusiastically.
You may also want to watch:
“There were tears of pride and a standing ovation at the end.”
The school also unveiled a memorial bench last week to mark the life of former head teacher Peter Fielden, who died unexpectedly earlier this year.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge