Royal Wedding street parties all over Crow country
THERE were street parties all over Crow country on Friday in celebration of the Royal Wedding.
The Crow received reports and photographs of festivities in Meldreth, Melbourn, Ashwell, Royston, Great Chishall and Shepreth, as well as schools across the area.
Click the gallery on the right hand side for more of your photos.
Around 500 residents lined Meldreth High Street, where local musician Sarah Louise and a live jazz band provided the entertainment.
Resident Serena Wynn said: “This is just what the village needed and there was a real sense of community.”
You may also want to watch:
Fordham Close in Ashwell also got into the spirit of things. The street is the sire of the old Fordham Brewery, so two locals made and sold their own beer.
The street’s Simon McCutcheon said: “It was a great way for the whole close to get together and relax in each other’s company. We all know each other a lot better now and have already discussed making the party an annual event.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Melbourn’s Beechwood Avenue organised a day of fun activities including a tug of war, wacky races and fancy dress.
One of the organisers, Dawn Parker said: “We would like to thank all the residents, Tescos Royston, The Black Horse Pub and all the other local business for all the hard work and generous donations which enabled us to make it a totally self funding day for all.”
Children made decorations and memorabilia at Shepreth Wildlife Park, with reptiles and amphibians joining in.
The Crow would like to thank all who sent in photos of their Royal Wedding activities.