Melbourn care home residents celebrate the Queen’s official birthday
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn care home residents celebrated Queen Elizabeth II’s official birthday in style at the weekend.
Afternoon tea at Melbourn Springs, in Hyacinth Drive, was topped off spectacularly with a cake fit for a queen made by second chef Annie Symonds.
Staff voted on the design and ‘the crown’, nominated by manager Karen Allen, won while the home’s new residents chose the colours – a very royal purple.
Everyone was said to be blown away by Annie’s amazing cake, with resident Iris exclaiming: “I have never seen anything like it - absolutely excellent!”
The home is also celebrating remaining COVID-free with all tests negative.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Karen said: “We have a hard working and vigilant team and we are welcoming new residents with strict protocols in place. It will mean the world to everyone this week that we can also finally welcome families in to see their loved ones as well.”
For more information on Melbourn Springs go to www.barchester.com/home/melbourn-springs-care-home.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court