Melbourn care home residents celebrate the Queen’s official birthday
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn care home residents celebrated Queen Elizabeth II’s official birthday in style at the weekend.
Afternoon tea at Melbourn Springs, in Hyacinth Drive, was topped off spectacularly with a cake fit for a queen made by second chef Annie Symonds.
Staff voted on the design and ‘the crown’, nominated by manager Karen Allen, won while the home’s new residents chose the colours – a very royal purple.
Everyone was said to be blown away by Annie’s amazing cake, with resident Iris exclaiming: “I have never seen anything like it - absolutely excellent!”
The home is also celebrating remaining COVID-free with all tests negative.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Karen said: “We have a hard working and vigilant team and we are welcoming new residents with strict protocols in place. It will mean the world to everyone this week that we can also finally welcome families in to see their loved ones as well.”
For more information on Melbourn Springs go to www.barchester.com/home/melbourn-springs-care-home.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme