Rottweiler kennels will need planning permission
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road. Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers. However, residen
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road.
Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers.
However, residents fear that a breeding centre may be set up.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: "We had a residents' meeting to discuss what to do and have set up a petition.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hearing a lot of different things and no one seems to know what is going on.
With so many Rottweiler attacks in the news at the moment it is not surprising people are concerned."
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Following a visit to the site by planning officer Charles Allingham, the district council has confirmed that retrospective planning permission will need to be sought for some of the buildings being constructed.
A spokesman for East Herts District Council said: "While some of the work is covered by permissible development rights, planning permission will be required for other parts.
"We have been in contact with the owners of the property and expect to receive an application in the near future.