Rottweiler kennels will need planning permission
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road. Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers. However, residen
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road.
Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers.
However, residents fear that a breeding centre may be set up.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: "We had a residents' meeting to discuss what to do and have set up a petition.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hearing a lot of different things and no one seems to know what is going on.
With so many Rottweiler attacks in the news at the moment it is not surprising people are concerned."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
Following a visit to the site by planning officer Charles Allingham, the district council has confirmed that retrospective planning permission will need to be sought for some of the buildings being constructed.
A spokesman for East Herts District Council said: "While some of the work is covered by permissible development rights, planning permission will be required for other parts.
"We have been in contact with the owners of the property and expect to receive an application in the near future.