Rottweiler kennels will need planning permission
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road. Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers. However, residen
RESIDENTS of Sunnyhill in Buntingford have set up a petition against the building of Rottweiler kennels at a property in the road.
Sean Dunn is currently building 15 kennels at the house, which he says will house his two pet Rottweilers.
However, residents fear that a breeding centre may be set up.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: "We had a residents' meeting to discuss what to do and have set up a petition.
"We are hearing a lot of different things and no one seems to know what is going on.
With so many Rottweiler attacks in the news at the moment it is not surprising people are concerned."
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Following a visit to the site by planning officer Charles Allingham, the district council has confirmed that retrospective planning permission will need to be sought for some of the buildings being constructed.
A spokesman for East Herts District Council said: "While some of the work is covered by permissible development rights, planning permission will be required for other parts.
"We have been in contact with the owners of the property and expect to receive an application in the near future.