Rotary needs charity swimmers
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year s Swimathon 2008. The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19. Chris Hardy, the club s community service chairman, said: If we can get 3
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year's Swimathon 2008.
The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19.
Chris Hardy, the club's community service chairman, said: "If we can get 36 teams to take part, we should easily be able to reach our target."
Last year more than £5,000 was raised at the event which led to donations being shared between the East Anglia Children's Hospice, the Meldreth Manor School and Addenbrooke's hospital's paediatric oncology unit, as well as Rotary charities.
The Swimathon is a sponsored swim by teams of six swimmers who have 55 minutes to swim as many lengths as possible.
This year the club is supporting the teenage cancer unit at Addenbrooke's and the CLIC Sargent charity which helps care for young cancer sufferers.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
For more details visit www.roystonrotary.com