Rotary needs charity swimmers
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year s Swimathon 2008. The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19. Chris Hardy, the club s community service chairman, said: If we can get 3
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year's Swimathon 2008.
The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19.
Chris Hardy, the club's community service chairman, said: "If we can get 36 teams to take part, we should easily be able to reach our target."
Last year more than £5,000 was raised at the event which led to donations being shared between the East Anglia Children's Hospice, the Meldreth Manor School and Addenbrooke's hospital's paediatric oncology unit, as well as Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
The Swimathon is a sponsored swim by teams of six swimmers who have 55 minutes to swim as many lengths as possible.
This year the club is supporting the teenage cancer unit at Addenbrooke's and the CLIC Sargent charity which helps care for young cancer sufferers.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
For more details visit www.roystonrotary.com