Rotary needs charity swimmers
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year s Swimathon 2008. The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19. Chris Hardy, the club s community service chairman, said: If we can get 3
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year's Swimathon 2008.
The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19.
Chris Hardy, the club's community service chairman, said: "If we can get 36 teams to take part, we should easily be able to reach our target."
Last year more than £5,000 was raised at the event which led to donations being shared between the East Anglia Children's Hospice, the Meldreth Manor School and Addenbrooke's hospital's paediatric oncology unit, as well as Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
The Swimathon is a sponsored swim by teams of six swimmers who have 55 minutes to swim as many lengths as possible.
This year the club is supporting the teenage cancer unit at Addenbrooke's and the CLIC Sargent charity which helps care for young cancer sufferers.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
For more details visit www.roystonrotary.com