Rotary helps out local charities
MORE than �1,000 has been presented to two local organisations from the Rotary Club of Royston.
The awards from the club’s community fund were presented to Barbara Blower, of Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, and to Tony Gearing, of the Young People of the Year award scheme.
Home-Start received a cheque for �750 and the Young People of the Year �500.
Rotary Club president Jonathan Berks said: “Our donations always aim to recognise organisations which are playing a key role in the community.
“In their different ways both the Young People of the Year scheme and Home-Start are providing a vital service and thoroughly deserved our support.
You may also want to watch:
“Both organisations showed clearly that there was a real need for the work they undertake.”
The money for the club’s community fund was raised during last year’s Charity Kite Festival, the annual quiz and other events.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 8 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid