Rotary helps out local charities
MORE than �1,000 has been presented to two local organisations from the Rotary Club of Royston.
The awards from the club’s community fund were presented to Barbara Blower, of Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, and to Tony Gearing, of the Young People of the Year award scheme.
Home-Start received a cheque for �750 and the Young People of the Year �500.
Rotary Club president Jonathan Berks said: “Our donations always aim to recognise organisations which are playing a key role in the community.
“In their different ways both the Young People of the Year scheme and Home-Start are providing a vital service and thoroughly deserved our support.
You may also want to watch:
“Both organisations showed clearly that there was a real need for the work they undertake.”
The money for the club’s community fund was raised during last year’s Charity Kite Festival, the annual quiz and other events.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston