Rotary Club welcomes new president
ROYSTON Rotary Club has a new president. David Izod, 66, has taken over the role from Neil Guttridge. He was welcomed in by the club at their community service awards night, held at the Cambridge Motel. He said: I am delighted to become the new Preside
ROYSTON Rotary Club has a new president.
David Izod, 66, has taken over the role from Neil Guttridge. He was welcomed in by the club at their community service awards night, held at the Cambridge Motel.
He said: "I am delighted to become the new President of our wonderful club. It's going to be a very exciting year.
"We're hoping to try out some new things, along with the usual major events and service that we provide to the town. We are looking for inspired and enthusiastic men and women to join our club.
You may also want to watch:
"We have had a lots of fun and really enjoy ourselves, on top of all the fundraising that we do, and would love to hear from anyone interested in joining us and making a real difference to the community."
His charity for the year will be The Pheonix Group for Deaf Children, who are based in Ashwell.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 5 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 6 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 7 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Mr Izod explained: "They provide unique confidence building advice and training to deaf children and enable their parents and siblings to come to terms with hearing impaired children."
The awards saw Joe and Emma Daintrey receive Community Service Awards for their work with music projects such as Youth Makes Music.
For more information on the rotary club, visit www.roystonrotary.org.