Rotary club shelter boxes head to Haiti
FOUR shelter boxes paid for by kind Roystonians have arrived on the crisis-hit island of Haiti. As reported in The Crow last week, the boxes were paid for by members of the Royston Rotary Club, and have now arrived on the island, which is suffering the af
FOUR shelter boxes paid for by kind Roystonians have arrived on the crisis-hit island of Haiti.
As reported in The Crow last week, the boxes were paid for by members of the Royston Rotary Club, and have now arrived on the island, which is suffering the after effects of two major earthquakes.
The boxes each contain a ten-man tent, together with essential supplies for survivors of the quake.
Chris Hardy, from the Royston Rotary Club, said: "We held a Quiz night at Meridian School on 17h January where, through the generosity of the quizzers, we raised the cost of a box.
You may also want to watch:
"The Club itself has a special Disaster Fund for such events that supplied two boxes. A friend of a Rotarian has generously donated a box, so that the cost of the four boxes has been found."
The Rotary Club would be happy to send further boxes to Haiti if they receive enough donations. Anyone who would like to contribute can contact Mr Hardy on 01763 247031.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
Other Crow Country residents are doing their bit to help Haiti, with both Greneway School and Tannery Drift School holding non-uniform days this Friday to raise funds.
Anyone wishing to make a donation directly to the aid effort in Haiti can do so via http://www.dec.org.uk.