Rolls Royce Phantom graces Barrington car meet
- Credit: Archant
A 1926 Rolls Royce Phantom 1 was one of the highlights of the Barrington car meet on New Year’s Day.
The 2018 edition of the annual event, held on the village green opposite the Royal Oak pub, was well attended by lovers of all things automotive.
Roger Coleman was the owner of the majestic Rolls Royce, which has been in his family for 53 years – and boasts a thirsty eight-litre engine that yields just eight miles to the gallon.
The historic thatched-roofed pub, dating back to the 16th century, provided a charming backdrop to the scene.
The show ran under the stewardship of Monty Goding for more than four decades, but is still without a permanent organiser after he stepped down in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Car meets are held on the green on the first Friday of each month from April to September, as well as on New Year’s Day each year.
For more about the pub, see royaloakbarrington.co.uk.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone