Education adviser gives talks at Bassingbourn Village College
- Credit: Archant
Staff, students and parents have attended presentations at Bassingbourn Village College by education adviser Robin Launder.
A former prison officer and teacher, Robin specialises in evidence-based teaching, mindset theory, teacher-student relationships, memory skills and neuroscience for teachers.
Robin’s fast-paced and often humorous presentation introduced memory techniques to aid revision to Year 10 and 11 students, followed up by a similar support session for more than 200 parents in the evening.
Year 11 student Cassie Evans said: “We have studied memory in psychology so it was really interesting to hear Robin’s presentation on how the different techniques really work. He was fascinating and funny!”
Students from partner schools in Cambridge – Netherhall and Cambridge Centre for Sixth Form Studies – also attended the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
BVC teachers received a session on student behaviour from Robin.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses