Roadblock’ on town hall family parking bid
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected. The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council s finance and general purposes committee had raised the is
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected.
The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council's finance and general purposes committee had raised the issue.
They wanted to see larger parking bays introduced at the car park to help parents with children.
But the district council has said it would not introduce such a scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Peter Burt said: "The number of parking spaces would be reduced and it would not be possible to enforce it."
Cllr Rod Kennedy said it was "disappointing" that such a scheme could not be set up.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The district council added that there was no requirement on a local authority to provide increased-sized parking bays.
- Traffic problems around schools in Royston is being examined by Herts County Council.
The county council is looking to introduce safer routes to school schemes for Icknield Walk, Greneway, and The Meridian School, Royston.