Roadblock’ on town hall family parking bid
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected. The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council s finance and general purposes committee had raised the is
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected.
The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council's finance and general purposes committee had raised the issue.
They wanted to see larger parking bays introduced at the car park to help parents with children.
But the district council has said it would not introduce such a scheme.
Cllr Peter Burt said: "The number of parking spaces would be reduced and it would not be possible to enforce it."
Cllr Rod Kennedy said it was "disappointing" that such a scheme could not be set up.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
The district council added that there was no requirement on a local authority to provide increased-sized parking bays.
- Traffic problems around schools in Royston is being examined by Herts County Council.
The county council is looking to introduce safer routes to school schemes for Icknield Walk, Greneway, and The Meridian School, Royston.