Roadblock’ on town hall family parking bid
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected. The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council s finance and general purposes committee had raised the is
A MOVE to introduce family car parking spaces at the town hall car park in Royston has been rejected.
The idea was turned down by North Herts District Council after members of Royston Town Council's finance and general purposes committee had raised the issue.
They wanted to see larger parking bays introduced at the car park to help parents with children.
But the district council has said it would not introduce such a scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Peter Burt said: "The number of parking spaces would be reduced and it would not be possible to enforce it."
Cllr Rod Kennedy said it was "disappointing" that such a scheme could not be set up.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The district council added that there was no requirement on a local authority to provide increased-sized parking bays.
- Traffic problems around schools in Royston is being examined by Herts County Council.
The county council is looking to introduce safer routes to school schemes for Icknield Walk, Greneway, and The Meridian School, Royston.