Rival to Essex Lion back in Crow country?
FEARS a lion was loose in Essex last sparked armed police into action but claims Crow Country’s own big cat could be back on the prowl inspired a different response.
Police were called early this month after a man thought he saw the panther-like beast near Shepreth but instead of calling in the big guns the report was simply recorded.
A Cambridgeshire police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a man who reported seeing a big cat at about 7.30pm on Friday, August 3 near Foxton off the A10. We have recorded the report.”
This is not the first time the black beast has been glimpsed in south Cambs and north Herts.
Sightings date back several years and the Crow has had reports of the creature roaming in Sandon, Ashwell, Buntingford, Melbourn and Steeple Morden.
You may also want to watch:
District councillor for Fowlmere and Foxton Deborah Roberts is among those who believe they have seen it but Rebecca Willers, curator of Shepreth Wildlife Park, previously told the Crow she is not convinced.
Have you seen the beast of Crow Country? Have you captured it on film? Get in touch on email@example.com or call 07557232154.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance