Rival to Essex Lion back in Crow country?
FEARS a lion was loose in Essex last sparked armed police into action but claims Crow Country’s own big cat could be back on the prowl inspired a different response.
Police were called early this month after a man thought he saw the panther-like beast near Shepreth but instead of calling in the big guns the report was simply recorded.
A Cambridgeshire police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a man who reported seeing a big cat at about 7.30pm on Friday, August 3 near Foxton off the A10. We have recorded the report.”
This is not the first time the black beast has been glimpsed in south Cambs and north Herts.
Sightings date back several years and the Crow has had reports of the creature roaming in Sandon, Ashwell, Buntingford, Melbourn and Steeple Morden.
District councillor for Fowlmere and Foxton Deborah Roberts is among those who believe they have seen it but Rebecca Willers, curator of Shepreth Wildlife Park, previously told the Crow she is not convinced.
Have you seen the beast of Crow Country? Have you captured it on film? Get in touch on email@example.com or call 07557232154.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife