Rival to Essex Lion back in Crow country?
FEARS a lion was loose in Essex last sparked armed police into action but claims Crow Country’s own big cat could be back on the prowl inspired a different response.
Police were called early this month after a man thought he saw the panther-like beast near Shepreth but instead of calling in the big guns the report was simply recorded.
A Cambridgeshire police spokeswoman said: “We were called by a man who reported seeing a big cat at about 7.30pm on Friday, August 3 near Foxton off the A10. We have recorded the report.”
This is not the first time the black beast has been glimpsed in south Cambs and north Herts.
Sightings date back several years and the Crow has had reports of the creature roaming in Sandon, Ashwell, Buntingford, Melbourn and Steeple Morden.
You may also want to watch:
District councillor for Fowlmere and Foxton Deborah Roberts is among those who believe they have seen it but Rebecca Willers, curator of Shepreth Wildlife Park, previously told the Crow she is not convinced.
Have you seen the beast of Crow Country? Have you captured it on film? Get in touch on email@example.com or call 07557232154.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims