Rising award for farmer
A FARMER from Royston has won an award from breadmakers Warburtons in recognition of the wheat he grows. Tim Whitehead has been awarded a Warburtons and Centaur Growers Award and was named southern regional winner 2007. Mr Whitehead of Vine Farm said: My
A FARMER from Royston has won an award from breadmakers Warburtons in recognition of the wheat he grows.
Tim Whitehead has been awarded a Warburtons and Centaur Growers Award and was named southern regional winner 2007.
Mr Whitehead of Vine Farm said: "My family and I are really happy to have won the Warburtons and Centaur Growers award - especially as we've been growing for Warburtons for seven years and our crop for them is now the mainstay of our arable business."
He added: "It's a fantastic feeling to be recognised as the best Southern regional grower by such an important consumer of British wheat."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whitehead beat off competition from other Centaur farmers who, as part of a supply contract between Centaur and Warburtons, all produce Hereward milling wheat.
Brett Warburton, Warburtons executive director and Bob Beard Purchasing director at Warburtons presented the award.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Mr Warbuton said: "This award acknowledges our appreciation for our growers' ability and commitment to producing the highest quality of wheat to deliver the baking credentials we require.