Rising award for farmer
A FARMER from Royston has won an award from breadmakers Warburtons in recognition of the wheat he grows. Tim Whitehead has been awarded a Warburtons and Centaur Growers Award and was named southern regional winner 2007. Mr Whitehead of Vine Farm said: My
A FARMER from Royston has won an award from breadmakers Warburtons in recognition of the wheat he grows.
Tim Whitehead has been awarded a Warburtons and Centaur Growers Award and was named southern regional winner 2007.
Mr Whitehead of Vine Farm said: "My family and I are really happy to have won the Warburtons and Centaur Growers award - especially as we've been growing for Warburtons for seven years and our crop for them is now the mainstay of our arable business."
He added: "It's a fantastic feeling to be recognised as the best Southern regional grower by such an important consumer of British wheat."
Mr Whitehead beat off competition from other Centaur farmers who, as part of a supply contract between Centaur and Warburtons, all produce Hereward milling wheat.
Brett Warburton, Warburtons executive director and Bob Beard Purchasing director at Warburtons presented the award.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mr Warbuton said: "This award acknowledges our appreciation for our growers' ability and commitment to producing the highest quality of wheat to deliver the baking credentials we require.