Rio 2016 Olympic fever inspires young sports stars in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre hosted its annual Summer Sports Camp week, in which more than 30 children per day, aged five to 13, had the opportunity to take part in a variety of Olympic-themed activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP Group Melbourn, consists of eight different sports over a five day period, including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Each sport has been overseen by qualified coaches, who made sure that the participants were put through their paces in a fun and safe environment.
Graham Johnson-Mack, manager of the centre, said: “This year, perhaps because of the Olympics, we’ve really seen a surge in efforts to acquire the skills of different activities.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Full details about future events to be held at Melbourn Sports centre, such as the sports pentathlon, can be found at the website www.mc-sport.co.uk or by calling 01763 263313.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm