Rio 2016 Olympic fever inspires young sports stars in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre hosted its annual Summer Sports Camp week, in which more than 30 children per day, aged five to 13, had the opportunity to take part in a variety of Olympic-themed activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP Group Melbourn, consists of eight different sports over a five day period, including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Each sport has been overseen by qualified coaches, who made sure that the participants were put through their paces in a fun and safe environment.
Graham Johnson-Mack, manager of the centre, said: “This year, perhaps because of the Olympics, we’ve really seen a surge in efforts to acquire the skills of different activities.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Full details about future events to be held at Melbourn Sports centre, such as the sports pentathlon, can be found at the website www.mc-sport.co.uk or by calling 01763 263313.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash