Rio 2016 Olympic fever inspires young sports stars in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre hosted its annual Summer Sports Camp week, in which more than 30 children per day, aged five to 13, had the opportunity to take part in a variety of Olympic-themed activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP Group Melbourn, consists of eight different sports over a five day period, including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Each sport has been overseen by qualified coaches, who made sure that the participants were put through their paces in a fun and safe environment.
Graham Johnson-Mack, manager of the centre, said: “This year, perhaps because of the Olympics, we’ve really seen a surge in efforts to acquire the skills of different activities.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Full details about future events to be held at Melbourn Sports centre, such as the sports pentathlon, can be found at the website www.mc-sport.co.uk or by calling 01763 263313.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections