Revised cinema site plans on show
PLANS for the old Royston cinema site are to go on show for a second time.
Proposals for 44 homes for elderly people will go on show at the Old Bull Inn, Royston, next Wednesday.
The plans, put forward by social housing agents North Herts Homes, were first revealed to the public last summer, and it had been hoped a planning application would have been submitted by now.
However, the scheme has now been redesigned, and a NHH spokesman said: “Ideas from previous consultation events have been included in the redesign, and this is an opportunity for all residents to come along and have their say.
“The proposal is to redevelop the site to provide much-needed accommodation for older people in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The public consultation will run from 10am-1pm and 4.30-7.30pm next Wednesday, May 26.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?