Revised cinema site plans on show
PLANS for the old Royston cinema site are to go on show for a second time.
Proposals for 44 homes for elderly people will go on show at the Old Bull Inn, Royston, next Wednesday.
The plans, put forward by social housing agents North Herts Homes, were first revealed to the public last summer, and it had been hoped a planning application would have been submitted by now.
However, the scheme has now been redesigned, and a NHH spokesman said: “Ideas from previous consultation events have been included in the redesign, and this is an opportunity for all residents to come along and have their say.
“The proposal is to redevelop the site to provide much-needed accommodation for older people in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The public consultation will run from 10am-1pm and 4.30-7.30pm next Wednesday, May 26.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online