Revised cinema site plans on show
PLANS for the old Royston cinema site are to go on show for a second time.
Proposals for 44 homes for elderly people will go on show at the Old Bull Inn, Royston, next Wednesday.
The plans, put forward by social housing agents North Herts Homes, were first revealed to the public last summer, and it had been hoped a planning application would have been submitted by now.
However, the scheme has now been redesigned, and a NHH spokesman said: “Ideas from previous consultation events have been included in the redesign, and this is an opportunity for all residents to come along and have their say.
“The proposal is to redevelop the site to provide much-needed accommodation for older people in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The public consultation will run from 10am-1pm and 4.30-7.30pm next Wednesday, May 26.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021