Review shows lack of sites
A REVIEW of gypsy and travellers sites across the East of England has revealed that an extra three pitches are needed in North Herts. At the moment North Herts has 44 pitches and is said to have no caravans pitched on unauthorised sites. The review for t
A REVIEW of gypsy and travellers' sites across the East of England has revealed that an extra three pitches are needed in North Herts.
At the moment North Herts has 44 pitches and is said to have no caravans pitched on unauthorised sites.
The review for the East of England Regional Assembly has been undertaken because of a recent Government planning policy looking at the shortfall of sites.
New regulations mean that local authorities are responsible for the provision of gypsy and travellers' sites.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the district council said it did not have a comment at the present time.
It will wait to see the outcome of the review when it is discussed next month by the East of England Regional Assembly's planning panel.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford