Review shows lack of sites
A REVIEW of gypsy and travellers sites across the East of England has revealed that an extra three pitches are needed in North Herts. At the moment North Herts has 44 pitches and is said to have no caravans pitched on unauthorised sites. The review for t
A REVIEW of gypsy and travellers' sites across the East of England has revealed that an extra three pitches are needed in North Herts.
At the moment North Herts has 44 pitches and is said to have no caravans pitched on unauthorised sites.
The review for the East of England Regional Assembly has been undertaken because of a recent Government planning policy looking at the shortfall of sites.
New regulations mean that local authorities are responsible for the provision of gypsy and travellers' sites.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the district council said it did not have a comment at the present time.
It will wait to see the outcome of the review when it is discussed next month by the East of England Regional Assembly's planning panel.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory