Revamped Meldreth tennis courts get seal of approval at official opening
- Credit: Archant
The Meldreth community headed to the grand opening of the village’s new tennis courts – after more than £62,000 was served up for the refurbishment.
South Cambs district councillor Philippa Hart cut the ribbon with club chairman Richard Evans, thanking Christine Knight for all her hard work over the last year in heading up the project which netted the cash.
Meldreth Tennis Club’s committee and the parish council were also thanked for their involvement.
Christine said: “I am so proud of the finished courts and it was great to see loads of children and adults already trying them out.
“The future of Meldreth Tennis Club has been secured and, with the excellent tennis and coaching programme suitable for all ages, this village amenity will be a great asset to the community.”
Mark Sanders, the Lawn Tennis Association’s councillor for Cambridgeshire, went along and praised all involved for “providing such an excellent LTA standard tennis venue for the community.”
For more on the High Street-based club go to www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/meldrethtennisclub.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre