Revamped Meldreth tennis courts get seal of approval at official opening
- Credit: Archant
The Meldreth community headed to the grand opening of the village’s new tennis courts – after more than £62,000 was served up for the refurbishment.
South Cambs district councillor Philippa Hart cut the ribbon with club chairman Richard Evans, thanking Christine Knight for all her hard work over the last year in heading up the project which netted the cash.
Meldreth Tennis Club’s committee and the parish council were also thanked for their involvement.
Christine said: “I am so proud of the finished courts and it was great to see loads of children and adults already trying them out.
“The future of Meldreth Tennis Club has been secured and, with the excellent tennis and coaching programme suitable for all ages, this village amenity will be a great asset to the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Sanders, the Lawn Tennis Association’s councillor for Cambridgeshire, went along and praised all involved for “providing such an excellent LTA standard tennis venue for the community.”
For more on the High Street-based club go to www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/meldrethtennisclub.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station