Revamped Meldreth tennis courts get seal of approval at official opening
- Credit: Archant
The Meldreth community headed to the grand opening of the village’s new tennis courts – after more than £62,000 was served up for the refurbishment.
South Cambs district councillor Philippa Hart cut the ribbon with club chairman Richard Evans, thanking Christine Knight for all her hard work over the last year in heading up the project which netted the cash.
Meldreth Tennis Club’s committee and the parish council were also thanked for their involvement.
Christine said: “I am so proud of the finished courts and it was great to see loads of children and adults already trying them out.
“The future of Meldreth Tennis Club has been secured and, with the excellent tennis and coaching programme suitable for all ages, this village amenity will be a great asset to the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Sanders, the Lawn Tennis Association’s councillor for Cambridgeshire, went along and praised all involved for “providing such an excellent LTA standard tennis venue for the community.”
For more on the High Street-based club go to www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/meldrethtennisclub.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes