Return of village’s annual market
BARKWAY s annual market will return on May 20. Some 5,000 visitors are expected to visit the fund-raising event organised by the village hall committee. Last year s market had to be cancelled due to a torrential downpour. There will be about 200 stalls, r
BARKWAY's annual market will return on May 20.
Some 5,000 visitors are expected to visit the fund-raising event organised by the village hall committee.
Last year's market had to be cancelled due to a torrential downpour.
There will be about 200 stalls, ranging from crafts to plants and bric-a-brac, and children's entertainment and music.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will help keep the village hall maintained and to subsidise its use by the local community.
Ros Richardson, fund-raising chairman, said: "This is the 80th anniversary of the village hall. We are hoping to replace windows and there is some general maintenance that needs doing, so we are hoping for a successful market."
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The market will be held from 10am to 4pm and admission is £1.
- Anyone interested in having a market stall should call Marian Murrphy on 01763 849073.