Restaurant target for burglars
Police appealing for help
The Little Chef restaurant on Baldock Road, Royston, has been burgled twice in just over two weeks, with the latest incident occurring on July 18 at around 5.30am.
The previous incident was between 10pm and 6.30am on July 14. Overall, it has been burgled seven times since January 2009.
A neighbourhood watch statement said: “Although there is not a residential neighbourhood watch in this immediate vicinity, the police are appealing for members of the public who may be travelling along the Baldock Road, or near the Little Chef diner, to keep a look out for suspicious vehicles and to report any instances where cars are parked in that area late at night.
“If you are up and about in the early morning or are coming home late at night and pass through that area please keep a look out and phone the police immediately on 999 if you notice any vehicles, or persons parked up in the area that should not be there.
You may also want to watch:
If you believe that you have any information that could help please contact the control room on 0845 33 00 222.
Hayley Halsam, manager of the Royston branch of Little Chef, said: “Fortunately no one has been in the building when these events happened. We are asking for everyone to keep a look-out.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 10 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event