Restaurant target for burglars
Police appealing for help
The Little Chef restaurant on Baldock Road, Royston, has been burgled twice in just over two weeks, with the latest incident occurring on July 18 at around 5.30am.
The previous incident was between 10pm and 6.30am on July 14. Overall, it has been burgled seven times since January 2009.
A neighbourhood watch statement said: “Although there is not a residential neighbourhood watch in this immediate vicinity, the police are appealing for members of the public who may be travelling along the Baldock Road, or near the Little Chef diner, to keep a look out for suspicious vehicles and to report any instances where cars are parked in that area late at night.
“If you are up and about in the early morning or are coming home late at night and pass through that area please keep a look out and phone the police immediately on 999 if you notice any vehicles, or persons parked up in the area that should not be there.
You may also want to watch:
If you believe that you have any information that could help please contact the control room on 0845 33 00 222.
Hayley Halsam, manager of the Royston branch of Little Chef, said: “Fortunately no one has been in the building when these events happened. We are asking for everyone to keep a look-out.”
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17