Respite help for carers
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire. West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth. Group leader Jean Henry said: The idea is to give the carers a break. They have
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire.
West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth.
Group leader Jean Henry said: "The idea is to give the carers a break. They have five hours to do their shopping or whatever they need to do."
A range of activities designed to improve clients' communication skills were available, including cooking, games, massage, therapy, and arts and crafts.
The clients, whose conditions may include Parkinson's Disease, multiple sclerosis, and learning disabilities, played games and chose how they wanted to spend their time.
Initially, meetings will be held every two weeks.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
West Anglia Crossroads provides one-to-one support for people with care needs of all ages, in their homes and in the community.
Anyone who would like to apply for a referral should contact Tony Darnell on 0845 2410954.