Respite help for carers
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire. West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth. Group leader Jean Henry said: The idea is to give the carers a break. They have
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire.
West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth.
Group leader Jean Henry said: "The idea is to give the carers a break. They have five hours to do their shopping or whatever they need to do."
A range of activities designed to improve clients' communication skills were available, including cooking, games, massage, therapy, and arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
The clients, whose conditions may include Parkinson's Disease, multiple sclerosis, and learning disabilities, played games and chose how they wanted to spend their time.
Initially, meetings will be held every two weeks.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
West Anglia Crossroads provides one-to-one support for people with care needs of all ages, in their homes and in the community.
Anyone who would like to apply for a referral should contact Tony Darnell on 0845 2410954.