Respite help for carers
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire. West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth. Group leader Jean Henry said: The idea is to give the carers a break. They have
A group has been launched to give respite to carers in South Cambridgeshire.
West Anglia Crossroads held its first meeting at the Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth.
Group leader Jean Henry said: "The idea is to give the carers a break. They have five hours to do their shopping or whatever they need to do."
A range of activities designed to improve clients' communication skills were available, including cooking, games, massage, therapy, and arts and crafts.
The clients, whose conditions may include Parkinson's Disease, multiple sclerosis, and learning disabilities, played games and chose how they wanted to spend their time.
Initially, meetings will be held every two weeks.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 10 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
West Anglia Crossroads provides one-to-one support for people with care needs of all ages, in their homes and in the community.
Anyone who would like to apply for a referral should contact Tony Darnell on 0845 2410954.