Residents urged to report pesky potholes on Hertfordshire's highways
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country s roads. Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap. District councill
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country's roads.
Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap.
District councillor Tony Hunter, who is also county councillor for North Herts Rural, told last week's meeting of the district council's Royston area committee: "We're in pothole season once again, and thanks to the snow it's come a bit early this year.
"Because it has been so cold recently, even roads which have been resurfaced recently are sustaining damage."
Cllr Hunter said residents should report any holes they have spotted using the Hertfordshire Highways pothole hotline.
He added: "Highways are getting round the area doing repairs as fast as possible. Unfortunately it seems that by the time they have finished one repair more holes have appeared elsewhere."
- 1 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 6 Royston museum under new management
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 9 Vandals trash Royston High Street litter bins
- 10 Foxton Granta the new boys on the Cambs & Hunts Premier League block after merger
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, large potholes have appeared around Royston, with several being reported in Burns Road.
Cllr Rob Inwood called for a "proper look" to be taken at the road surfaces in the Burns Road area, amid fears that the holes could be a safety hazard.
To report a pothole to Hertfordshire Highways, call 01438 737320.