Residents urged to report pesky potholes on Hertfordshire's highways
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country s roads. Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap. District councill
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country's roads.
Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap.
District councillor Tony Hunter, who is also county councillor for North Herts Rural, told last week's meeting of the district council's Royston area committee: "We're in pothole season once again, and thanks to the snow it's come a bit early this year.
"Because it has been so cold recently, even roads which have been resurfaced recently are sustaining damage."
Cllr Hunter said residents should report any holes they have spotted using the Hertfordshire Highways pothole hotline.
He added: "Highways are getting round the area doing repairs as fast as possible. Unfortunately it seems that by the time they have finished one repair more holes have appeared elsewhere."
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 10 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, large potholes have appeared around Royston, with several being reported in Burns Road.
Cllr Rob Inwood called for a "proper look" to be taken at the road surfaces in the Burns Road area, amid fears that the holes could be a safety hazard.
To report a pothole to Hertfordshire Highways, call 01438 737320.