Residents urged to report pesky potholes on Hertfordshire's highways
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country s roads. Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap. District councill
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country's roads.
Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap.
District councillor Tony Hunter, who is also county councillor for North Herts Rural, told last week's meeting of the district council's Royston area committee: "We're in pothole season once again, and thanks to the snow it's come a bit early this year.
"Because it has been so cold recently, even roads which have been resurfaced recently are sustaining damage."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hunter said residents should report any holes they have spotted using the Hertfordshire Highways pothole hotline.
He added: "Highways are getting round the area doing repairs as fast as possible. Unfortunately it seems that by the time they have finished one repair more holes have appeared elsewhere."
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 10 PCC funding boost sees defibrillators installed across Herts
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, large potholes have appeared around Royston, with several being reported in Burns Road.
Cllr Rob Inwood called for a "proper look" to be taken at the road surfaces in the Burns Road area, amid fears that the holes could be a safety hazard.
To report a pothole to Hertfordshire Highways, call 01438 737320.