Residents urged to report pesky potholes on Hertfordshire's highways
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country s roads. Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap. District councill
RESIDENTS are being encouraged to report the appearance of problematic potholes on Crow Country's roads.
Potholes are a common problem at this time of year, and the state of road surfaces has been made even worse by the recent cold snap.
District councillor Tony Hunter, who is also county councillor for North Herts Rural, told last week's meeting of the district council's Royston area committee: "We're in pothole season once again, and thanks to the snow it's come a bit early this year.
"Because it has been so cold recently, even roads which have been resurfaced recently are sustaining damage."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hunter said residents should report any holes they have spotted using the Hertfordshire Highways pothole hotline.
He added: "Highways are getting round the area doing repairs as fast as possible. Unfortunately it seems that by the time they have finished one repair more holes have appeared elsewhere."
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 7 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 8 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
As reported in The Crow earlier this month, large potholes have appeared around Royston, with several being reported in Burns Road.
Cllr Rob Inwood called for a "proper look" to be taken at the road surfaces in the Burns Road area, amid fears that the holes could be a safety hazard.
To report a pothole to Hertfordshire Highways, call 01438 737320.