Residents told not to stockpile plastics
RESIDENTS in South Cambridgeshire are being reminded that kerbside recycling of plastic bottles does NOT begin until October. This week South Cam-bridgeshire District Council is delivering additional green boxes to residents across the district, ahead of
RESIDENTS in South Cambridgeshire are being reminded that kerbside recycling of plastic bottles does NOT begin until October.
This week South Cam-bridgeshire District Council is delivering additional green boxes to residents across the district, ahead of the launch of the scheme next month.
Cllr Susan Ellington, portfolio holder for environmental services at the district council, said, "This is an exciting time at the district council and we are looking forward to providing this additional service to residents.
"Until their first plastic bottle collection we urge residents to continue using their local plastic recycling banks.
You may also want to watch:
"It is important that residents don't stockpile their bottles as this could cause problems with vehicle capacity and overwhelm collections in the first weeks."
Any type of plastic bottle will be collected for recycling, including milk bottles, spray bottles and detergent bottles.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Residents can find out when their first collection of plastic bottles will take place by referring to the collection calendar in the autumn edition of the South Cambridgeshire magazine, which is being delivered throughout Sep-tember.
The calendar is also available on the website at www.scambs.gov.uk/plastics