Residents told not to stockpile plastics
RESIDENTS in South Cambridgeshire are being reminded that kerbside recycling of plastic bottles does NOT begin until October. This week South Cam-bridgeshire District Council is delivering additional green boxes to residents across the district, ahead of
RESIDENTS in South Cambridgeshire are being reminded that kerbside recycling of plastic bottles does NOT begin until October.
This week South Cam-bridgeshire District Council is delivering additional green boxes to residents across the district, ahead of the launch of the scheme next month.
Cllr Susan Ellington, portfolio holder for environmental services at the district council, said, "This is an exciting time at the district council and we are looking forward to providing this additional service to residents.
"Until their first plastic bottle collection we urge residents to continue using their local plastic recycling banks.
"It is important that residents don't stockpile their bottles as this could cause problems with vehicle capacity and overwhelm collections in the first weeks."
Any type of plastic bottle will be collected for recycling, including milk bottles, spray bottles and detergent bottles.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
Residents can find out when their first collection of plastic bottles will take place by referring to the collection calendar in the autumn edition of the South Cambridgeshire magazine, which is being delivered throughout Sep-tember.
The calendar is also available on the website at www.scambs.gov.uk/plastics