Residents can box clever with plastic bottles
KERBSIDE recycling of plastic bottles got under way in South Cambridgeshire this week. Residents will now be able to make use of their extra green box to recycle all sorts of plastic bottles, including milk bottles and spray and detergent bottles. It wil
KERBSIDE recycling of plastic bottles got under way in South Cambridgeshire this week.
Residents will now be able to make use of their extra green box to recycle all sorts of plastic bottles, including milk bottles and spray and detergent bottles.
It will be collected on the same day as their regular green bin and box.
Cllr Sue Ellington, portfolio holder for environmental services at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said, "This is a really exciting week for our residents as this new service begins.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been planning this for some months and hope that residents will really make use of the new scheme, making sure our already excellent recycling record continues."
To make the most of the service, residents are being asked to rinse and squash bottles before they are put out for collection. Triggers, lids and tops should be put in the black bin with normal household waste.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Cllr Ellington said: "Unfortunately some very keen residents put out their bottles for recycling before the scheme started.
"I would urge all residents to check the recycling timetable."
Recycling timetables can be found in the latest edition of the council's South Cambs magazine, or on the website: www.scambs.gov.uk/plastics.