Remembrance day service details
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured today at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country. The Royal British Legion event remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world. In Royston, the Remembrance Day parade will, as usual, depart from
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured today at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country.
The Royal British Legion event remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world.
In Royston, the Remembrance Day parade will, as usual, depart from the British Legion Club, in Queens Road, at 10.45am, before assembling at the war memorial at Priory Memorial Gardens for a service of remembrance.
Swing band Opus 17 will be performing a selection of big band classics at the British Legion Club after the service.
You may also want to watch:
In Melbourn there will be no parade to the village war memorial this year.
Chairman of the Melbourn and Meldreth branch of the legion, Patrick Parkinson explained: "Due to the retirement of our parade marshall we will no longer be marching to the church and war memorial.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
"We will, however, still assemble at the memorial in the usual manner where standards will be paraded and tributes and wreaths laid."
The Mordens branch of the legion will also be paying their tributes at a series of services throughout Sunday morning.
At 8.30am, a mini service will be held at the Steeple Morden American Airforce memorial, followed by a 9am service at the Odsey memorial, and a 10am date at the Steeple Morden memorial.
The main Mordens event will this year take place in Guilden Morden at 10.45am, with a service being held in the village church.